Stanbridge Lower School
Welcome to Stanbridge Lower School
We are a small, happy, caring and friendly community school where the life of our school is linked strongly with the lives of our children, parents and the local community.
We believe in our children and encourage all children to reach their full potential by providing a nourishing and positive learning environment where all children learn and succeed.
Stanbridge is an inclusive school which recognises and values the individuality of each child. We believe in promoting the key values of honesty and integrity, encouraging all children to become good citizens. We teach the basic skills of reading, writing and mathematics alongside a creative curriculum which links learning experiences and brings the curriculum alive for children. We have a strong teaching team at Stanbridge and because of this our children achieve well and make good progress. The curriculum celebrates the diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge, and cultural wealth of the community while supporting the pupils’ spiritual, m oral, social and cultural development.
Our school is situated in the beautiful rural village of Stanbridge. It is an historic building where many generations of children have been educated. The children benefit from a large open field at the rear of the school, an environmental area with a pond, large wooden play equipment, a story telling circle and a trim trail. The front playground is kept open for traditional playground games and there is a court area for sport.
We value the learning that happens beyond the classroom and offer a range of extra curricular lessons, clubs and activities all year round including
- Art in the community week
- Sing Up – singing lessons from a professional singing teacher
- Ukulele lessons – from a professional ukulele teacher
- Craft week
- Residential trips to Grafham Water Centre
- Cooking lessons – from a professional cookery teacher
- Science Day
- After school clubs such as netball, football, craft, dance, drama
- Pegasus Award for efforts in academic subjects, volunteering, healthy lifestyles and exploring the environment
- Focused art days – clay day, landscape drawing day, take one picture
- Career’s week
- The great Stanbridge Bake off
- School Sport’s Partnership: offering sports training, competitions, festivals, bikeability, young leader training
- Interesting day trips such as trips to Wimbledon, Windsor Castle, Woburn Safari Park etc
We offer places to children from the term of their third birthday in Pre-school through to the end of Year 4. Visitors are always welcome at Stanbridge. Please make an appointment through the school office. We look forward to meeting you and your children.
Further information can be found on our website at www.stanbridge.beds.sch.uk